We are currently hiring Support Technician with 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting equipment and working in a data center environment. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as we have an immediate need in the greater New York City Area. Qualified candidates will send an updated resume for consideration. Interviews are currently underway.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Support Technician Duties:
- Pulling and routing CAT 5 or CAT 6 or Fiber cable in new construction and existing data center environment
- Dressing, labeling, and terminating low voltage wires
- Installing support structures (ladder racks, racks, switches, servers, j-hooks, cable trays, basket trays, etc.)
- Terminating voice and data jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels
- Adding and monitoring equipment to support agency applications
- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents and problems
- Upgrading and expanding the physical infrastructure environment
- Performing backup and restore activities
- Handling after hours tickets
- Experience installing low voltage cable in new construction or data center environment is required
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards
- Experience running or bending conduit, with digital multi-meters, and testing cable is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues is a plus
- Fiber experience including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, and Splicing is a plus
- Ability to read and understand schematic and line diagrams
- Your own basic telecom tools including punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, PPE (safety gear), etc.
- Experience working with vendor to troubleshoot circuit issues (WAN and Internet).
- Experience in fail-over testing.
- Experience managing infrastructure assets and maintaining physical inventory.
- Able to travel between locations (NYC and NJ)
- Able to work from night shift
- Option to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Starting pay dependent on experience
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Bonuses of up to $250 for referrals that result in a placement (Ask for details!)