Structured Cabling Installer – Commercial Work
We are currently hiring a structured cabling lead technician with 3+ years of structured cabling experience in the field with structured cabling projects in a commercial environment. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we have an immediate need in the Northern New Jersey area.
Qualified candidates will send an updated resume for consideration. Interviews are currently underway.
Please send your resume to Evan@Crewforce.com for consideration.
Structured Cabling Installer Duties:
- Pulling and routing CAT 5 or CAT 6 cable in a new construction commercial environment
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Terminating phone jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Managed technician teams to complete installation work
- Coordinate with client to assure timely completion of work
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards
- OSHA 10-hour Certification
- Your own basic telecom tools including punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, PPE (safety gear), etc.
- Must own vehicle to get to different sites
- Previously operated as foreman/lead technician on network installation projects
- Experience managing 3 or more technicians on new installation projects
- Capable of performing site surveys, reading blueprints, and managing hours and inventory
- Troubleshooting networking issues
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels
- Fiber experience including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, and Splicing
- Ability to read and understand schematic and line diagrams
- Must consent to a pre-employment background and drug screen
- Starting pay depending on experience ($15-$23/hour)
- Option to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Bonuses of up to $250 for referrals that result in a placement (Ask for details!)
Crewforce is the Nation’s leading providers of Cable Technicians. We work EXCLUSIVELY in building wiring, and we have been placing technicians of all levels with the right companies since 1998 so we know a thing or two about making a good match.