Fiber Optic Technician
We are currently hiring Fiber Optic Technician’s with 5+ years of experience installing, terminating and/or splicing fiber in a commercial environment. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as we have an immediate need in the Queens, NY area.
Qualified candidates will send an updated resume for consideration. Interviews are currently underway. Please send your resumes to Evan@Crewforce.com for consideration.
- Install single-mode and multi-mode fiber optic cables in commercial construction environments
- Fusion splicing, verification testing, troubleshooting and fiber optic cable repair
- Installing support structures (ladder racks, j-hooks, cable trays, etc.)
- Perform fiber tests with OTDR’s, light source and meters
- Terminate, splice and install a variety of fiber optic connectors and enclosures
- Responsible for day to day operations and maintenance of company equipment
- Previous experience performing job duties in commercial construction environment is required
- Proficient in the operation of all related fiber tools and equipment
- Splicing, terminating and/or polishing and crimping experience is a plus
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematics and line diagrams
- Your own basic telecom tools and PPE (safety gear), etc.
- Must consent to a pre-employment background and drug screen
- Option to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Starting pay $18.00/hour or depending on experience
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Bonuses (ask for details!)
About Crewforce: Crewforce is the Nation’s leading providers of Cable Technicians. We work EXCLUSIVELY in building wiring, and we have been placing technicians of all levels with the right companies since 1998 so we know a thing or two about making a good match.