Data Center Technician
We are currently hiring Data Center Technicians with 3-5 years of experience performing low voltage installation a data center environment. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as we have an immediate need in the Great New York City Area. Qualified candidates will send an updated resume for consideration. Interviews are currently underway.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Data Center Technician Duties:
- Pulling and routing CAT 5 or CAT 6 or Fiber cable in new construction and existing data center environment
- Dressing, labeling, and terminating low voltage wires
- Installing support structures (ladder racks, racks, switches, servers, j-hooks, cable trays, basket trays, etc.)
- Terminating voice and data jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels
- Experience installing low voltage cable in new construction or data center environment is required
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards
- Experience running or bending conduit, with digital multi-meters, and testing cable is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues is a plus
- Fiber experience including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, and Splicing is a plus
- Ability to read and understand schematic and line diagrams
- Your own basic telecom tools including punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, PPE (safety gear), etc.
- Option to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Starting pay dependent on experience
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Bonuses of up to $250 for referrals that result in a placement (Ask for details!)